Blog dedicated to Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite) Technology; covers Apps Architecture, Administration and third party bolt-ons to Apps

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Unable to Flush Restart File in AIURWL()

Yesterday, Akhilesh pinged me with this error while applying a patch:


After I renamed the $APPL_TOP/admin/log/$TWO_TASK/restart directory, the error changed to:

Adpatch error Unable to Flush Restart File in AIURWL()

After a lot of trial and error I noticed that there was a file in $APPL_TOP/admin/log/$TWO_TASK directory called adpatch_sessions_to_clean.txt.  On a hunch I renamed this file as adpatch_sessions_to_clean.txt.old.

Voila,  the patch proceeded without any issues and got applied too.

There is no reference of this file in Metalink anywhere.  Inside the files were session numbers of some old sessions.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I got the same issue as urs. But it was a space related issue.

Also found a doc in metalink that points to spaace issue.

Anonymous said...

I also got the same issue on 12.1.3 and it was space related.

Anonymous said...

Suneel Said was absolutely Right..